Sellers ask me all the time if they should list their homes in November or December… or wait until after the 🎄holidays have come and gone.
It’s a great question and one you might be mulling over this 🍂fall. My answer always starts with, “It depends.” But is quickly followed by these pros and cons:
PROS TO SELLING DURING THE HOLIDAYS👇
• Less competition: Many homeowners hold off, so no doubt your home will stand out.
• Serious buyers: Holiday buyers are highly motivated, usually by job changes or life changes. They need a home — and they need it now.
• Feel-good ambiance: Holiday decor and a warm, inviting atmosphere help buyers fall in love with your home.
• Tax benefits: Some buyers likely want to close by the end of the year for the tax benefits.
CONS TO SELLING DURING THE HOLIDAYS👇
• Busy, busy, busy: Would-be buyers are busy (just like you!), so selling now might mean fewer showings.
• Decor dilemmas: Overly personalized holiday decorations could make it harder for buyers to imagine themselves in the space.
• Delayed transactions: Holiday closures, such as title companies or lenders, could potentially delay the process.
• Lowball offers: Some buyers might assume holiday sellers are desperate, leading to low offers.
Remember, whether you decide to wait or list now, a well-presented home and a strategic approach mean success in any season. 💃
If you want to talk through your options to see what’s best for you this fall, reach out! That’s why I’m here.
For more from Dwell Home Team visit our Instagram.
See our recently sold home to see how we prepare our clients homes for sale.